Jan 14th, 2016 by mealsplus
Last year, our Meals Plus Help Desk received a major award! They were ranked by the HDI Customer Satisfaction Index as 23rd in the world for elite customer service. Now, you may be wondering two things: What is the HDI Customer Satisfaction Index? And why does it matter that Meals Plus was recognized by them?
Well, the HDI is the world’s largest professional association and certification body for technical service and support professionals. They rank customer support centers from across the country and across many industries. Each year, they rank the top fifty technical support centers based off a year’s worth of responses to this question: “How satisfied are you with the overall service experience?” They know what good technical support is.
And why does it matter that our team was recognized? Because your child nutrition software is only as good as the technical support that stands behind it! If a question or issue arises, you need to get answers and resolutions quickly, so you can get back to managing your cafeterias. And, of course, it’s nice that our technical account specialists are not only knowledgeable, but friendly. 🙂
If your software system isn’t backed by the friendliest and helpful team around, contact me today and I’ll show you how our software (and technical support team!) can help keep your lunchlines moving!
Tags: child nutrition, customer service in the school cafeteria, k12 cafeteria management system, school lunch software
Jan 6th, 2016 by mealsplus
Happy New Year! We are officially halfway through the school year, and according to Meals Plus’ Child Nutrition Operations Consultant, Cynthia Sevier, SNS, now is a great time to look at your inventory levels! Continue to read for her inventory management tips, and for more information on Cynthia’s consulting services, contact Meals Plus today.
As the first half of the school year quickly approaches, it is a good time to take a look at inventory levels in schools. Inventory control is having enough inventory on hand to meet expectations within a certain period of time, but not having excess that lends itself to spoilage or theft. High inventories tie up cash, take up storage space and are more difficult to count. Low inventories result in the inability to follow menus or standardized recipes, which can affect participation or acceptability of the finished products. It could also have a direct impact on whether or not federal and state program regulations are met.
So how much inventory is excessive or inadequate? Inventory level goals can be set for each school site based on food costs and the number of days of inventory that is on hand. Measure of inventory efficiency is the number of days on hand and the turnover rate.
Most authorities set the standard of having 7-10 days of inventory on hand and have a turnover rate of 2-3.
Using food cost goals as a percent to revenue and determining inventory levels can not only help managers to be aware of the processes of ordering, receiving, production and tracking food at their school, but to also look for ways to control waste and theft.
For additional information on inventory control for your child nutrition department, take a look at the white paper I authored, “Managing the Money on the Pantry Shelves.”
Tags: food cost inventory, inventory management system, program for cafeteria inventory, school cafeteria inventory
Dec 2nd, 2015 by mealsplus
Meals Plus is built exclusively for K-12 school district cafeterias. Our cafeteria software system is developed, sold and supported by team members that spend time in school cafeterias. Why does that matter to you as child nutrition professionals? I’ll tell you!
As I said, from the ground up, our software is built with K-12 school cafeteria operations in mind. So that means that when you, your district staff, cafeteria managers and cashiers login to Meals Plus, they see software features that pertain to them. They aren’t distracted or bogged down with software functions that don’t pertain to them. They can log in and quickly accomplish what’s necessary for their operations.
As you are well aware, state and federal requirements for child nutrition are constantly changing. Our team stays on top of new laws and requirements and implement the changes in a timely manner. We understand what it takes to run your program – a product that is fast, easy-to-use and reliable when meeting state and federal requirements.
And because our entire business model is based around you and your child nutrition department, our entire success is based on how happy you are. If K-12 school districts aren’t using our product, we have no other industry to fall back on. We would be out of business, it’s as simple as that!
Meals Plus cafeteria software product suite consists of everything you need to manage your child nutrition department: point of sale, online meal payments and applications, free and reduced, menus and nutrient analysis, inventory, asset management, accountability and financial/statistical software. We even integrate with many student information systems, including PowerSchool. Contact me today for a free demo at 1-800-541-8999 or email@example.com today!
Tags: cafeteria pos system for schools, child nutrition software, k12 school cafeteria software, Nutritional database USDA
Oct 20th, 2015 by mealsplus
I’m very excited to announce that Meals Plus 9 will be available this fall! Meals Plus will be better than ever, with more integration between our cafeteria management systems and it will be even easier to navigate. Meals Plus 9 will be available via our quarterly software update, so your system will update the same way you always have, and it’s completely free. And I’m especially excited about the “MyMealsPlus” dashboard – it allows you to bookmark items that you frequently use in the system, so you save time!
Here are 9 of the things I know my customers are going to love about Meals Plus 9’s My Meals Plus Dashboard:
- Faster access to what you need to accomplish your day-to-day tasks
- You create Favorites (or “bookmark”) features and reports that you use the most, for example: the “Account Setup” in Point of Sale or “Manage Application” in Free and Reduced
- You can have multiple screens open at the same time on your My Meals Plus page. That’s right – you can access your Favorites at the same time, making you even more efficient
- Favorites can be sorted in any order and put into customizable Categories
Click image to enlarge
- There’s even more customization – the My Meals Plus page background and the color of your Favorites buttons can be customized. Maybe you can show your school pride by color coordinating your My Meals Plus page to your school’s colors!
- You can choose your own “avatar”, or profile picture, from the avatar library
- You can easily keep up with Meals Plus news with the live news feed from the Meals Plus Blog
- There are also “quick links” for remote techn support and online help files
- And a “Tips” box will appear when you first log into Meals Plus 9 that will tell you how to customize your My Meals Plus page
If you’d like to get a sneak peak of Meals Plus 9, contact me today for a free cafeteria software web demo. I can’t wait to show you how you can drastically save time on your day-to-day tasks with Meals Plus.
Tags: cafeteria pos system for schools, nutrition analysis software, Nutritional database USDA, reporting software for school cafeterias
Oct 5th, 2015 by mealsplus
It’s no secret – “back to school” time can be stressful, maybe even intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be! Every year, we strive to make sure your school cafeteria software system is running smoothly, and if there are any technical issues, they are handled quickly. So that you have one less thing to stress about during what can be the most hectic time of the year.
The Meals Plus Help Desk receives the most customer calls in August, and our level of customer support statistics doesn’t diminish. Check out these stats from August 2015:
- The average time to answer our customers’ calls was only a minute and 13 seconds, a record low!
- The average time on the phone was only 11 minutes and 42 seconds.
- And our first-call resolution was 91%, which means that questions were answered or issues were solved on the first call 91% of the time!
We send randomly generated surveys to customers after they call into the Help Desk, and here are just some of the comments from Meals Plus customers this past August:
- “BEST customer support I have ever talked to! Thank you so much!”
- “Always professional and thorough; the Meals Plus support is exceptional.”
- “Wonderful! Very quick to help and quick with response to fix issue.”
- “I am very pleased with the system and the technical support group. They are awesome! They are very patient and go that extra mile to make sure that I understand their answer to my questions or concerns. I am so glad we went with Meals Plus.”
- “We have never had a problem with Meals Plus. I am able to call and get a quick answer and the staff is always very friendly!”
- “It was perfect! They knew exactly what I needed, and I was off the phone in no time! I wish everything was this easy!” 🙂
WOW! Pretty amazing, right? Every child nutrition professional deserves technical support like this, especially during the busiest time of the year. If you didn’t have this level of customer support, give me a call and let’s chat about how Meals Plus can help keep your lunchline moving AND keep your sanity intact.
Tags: Back to School, child nutrition management, Meals Plus Help Desk, school POS software
Oct 1st, 2015 by mealsplus
Meals Plus doesn’t just provide software for every portion of your child nutrition department. They also offer Windows Server Monitoring and Automated Cloud Backup! We make sure all of your data is protected, so you can rest easy and get back to the important things – managing your cafeterias!
Did You Know? Every week about 140,000 hard drives crash in the US and 25 million Windows computers crash daily. Don’t take any chances! Ask about our regular server monitoring or cloud based backup services.
What Do You Get?
- Server Monitoring: your server will be monitored 24 hours a day 7 days a week, 365 days a year by our Meals Plus Microsoft Certified IT Team.
- Cloud Based Backup: Meals Plus recovery assistance with daily automated cloud based data backup.
Contact me today for more information and pricing!
Tags: Cafeteria local data backup, cafeteria management programs, what is in the front of house of school cafeteria